ROLLING OUT REVOLUTIONARY RETAIL IN NEW NODE OF ABUNDANT LIVING
Rainbow Junction: A cutting-edge and exciting mixed-use property
development in South Africa is taking shape in Tshwane, on a prime 140ha
greenfield site in the northern foyer of the CBD.
Anchoring the mega project is a 92,000m2 super-regional mall in another league, with an iconic 75m-high Viewing Tower
as a major 'Third Place' attraction, together with a vibrant public piazza.
Surrounding the catalytic mall, Rainbow Junction is developing further convenience retail, high density residential, full
life-cycle schools, and integration with the A Re Yeng bus rapid transit system and modal interchange of bus, metrorail,
taxis, Gautrain links and Wonderboom Airport shuttle. Further phases of office and commercial nodes, with an international
convention centre and a variety of exciting hotels are in various stages of planning. All development faces a magnificent
4km-long green belt along the Apies River. All these unique aspects enhance Rainbow Junction's competitive edge as an
exceptional property and business investment.
Phase 2 under way
The progressive Rainbow Mall has:
- Secured retail giants Checkers and Pick 'n Pay as anchor tenants
- 200 local and international retail tenants in final negotiation
- One-of-a-kind 'Kids World'
- First-of its-kind lifestyle rooftop: Open-air markets, sports amenities, medical day clinic, gym, hotel office and
- New generation retail evolution with emphasis on fun, food, fashion, lifestyle, entertainment and great attractions
for all ages.
Set apart from traditional mall offerings, not only in terms of its retail mix and 'place-making' attractions, but also its greenconscience,
sustainable, climate-sensitive design.
- An unprecedented beacon in the Capital City
- Houses a viewing deck, fine-dining restaurant and champagne bar
- Boasts incredible views of the Magaliesberg Mountains through to the CBD.
- Tantalizing mix of restaurants, coffee shops and entertainment venues
- Buzzing focal point in a new generation mall
- Hang-out hotspot for shoppers, business people, residents and tourists.
Retail enquiries: Gavin Tagg
Retail Network Services
Tel: +27 (0)11 807 6995
6 500m² Opening 2018
The Convenience Retail Centre is strategically located at the northern entry to Rainbow Junction.
This convenience retail development comprises 26 shops including two large food anchors with in
excess of 6 500m² and includes a drive-through offering.
Located prominently at the northern gateway to Rainbow Junction is the first Retail offering within
this new mixed-use urban node serving the large and expanding northern suburbs of the City of
Tshwane. Close proximity to complementary amenities and services include the co-location of a
large nursery school, adjacent to a full primary and senior school, gym, residential and offices.
This Convenience retail development comprises 26 shops including two large food anchors with in
excess of 6 500m² of retail GLA.
Sasol Filling Stations:
In 2016, Rainbow Junction proclaimed its first township of 16, viz Annlin West Ext 51, with the
opening of twin Sasol filling stations on the 19th December 2016.
The filling stations face each other either side of the K8 Rosslyn road on the northern extent of the
Rainbow Junction properties, with the closest proximity to the Wonderboom National Airport.
These modern 5-island fuel stations boast 4 ATMs each, comprising ABSA, FNB, Standard Bank
and Nedbank. Their C-Stores proudly dispense Lavazza coffee, Haagen-Daaz ice-cream and convenient
and tasty prepared food from their well-equipped kitchens.
In all, 57 staff are employed at these state-of-the-art filling stations.